DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

XPro4 Wish List

Jazz1

All, I got some great event shots this weekend with my XPro3 and 16-55mm this last Monday. But, I found that the friction of putting the camera in the camera bag camera bag or pulling the camera out had tripped the exposure compensation dial. Even worse the shutter button (with one of the third party extenders) had shot 8 blanks shots/tripped the focus to the extent the camera was hot and the battery was in the red. I suppose that is on me. :confused: Anyway I’d really love the XPro4 to have a lock the exposure compensation dial and stiffer lock on the shutter button level.

Anyone out there recommend other improvements?

All, I got some great event shots this weekend with my XPro3 and 16-55mm this last Monday. But, I found that the friction of putting the camera in the camera bag camera bag or pulling the camera out had tripped the exposure compensation dial. Even worse the shutter button (with one of the third party extenders) had shot 8 blanks shots/tripped the focus to the extent the camera was hot and the battery was in the red. I suppose that is on me. :confused: Anyway I’d really love the XPro4 to have a lock the exposure compensation dial and stiffer lock on the shutter button level.

Anyone out there recommend other improvements?
I've been asking for a button lock on the EC dial on the XPro since the XPro3. It is a pain to pull it out of the bag and have see after the fact one has fat fingered +3 or -3 EV and ruined a shot. A button lock is easy to activate and deactivate. As far as add ons such as shutter buttons - that's out of Fuji's hands. You pays your nickel you takes your chances. My druthers for the XPro4 is maintain the ability to hide and protect the display. I don't care if it is a FAS similar to the XH2, the current design of the XPro3 or an upgraded app that will replace the display with a phone and completely eliminate the display. Just make it protectable. Such things as IBIS - only if it does not add any weight or size to the camera.

Sensor wise - the new 40 MP sensor with the new generation V processor. It would also be nice to go back to the dual magnification OVF of the XPro2.

;)I've been asking for a button lock on the EC dial on the XPro since the XPro3. It is a pain to pull it out of the bag and have see after the fact one has fat fingered +3 or -3 EV and ruined a shot. A button lock is easy to activate and deactivate. As far as add ons such as shutter buttons - that's out of Fuji's hands. You pays your nickel you takes your chances. My druthers for the XPro4 is maintain the ability to hide and protect the display. I don't care if it is a FAS similar to the XH2, the current design of the XPro3 or an upgraded app that will replace the display with a phone and completely eliminate the display. Just make it protectable. Such things as IBIS - only if it does not add any weight or size to the camera.

Sensor wise - the new 40 MP sensor with the new generation V processor. It would also be nice to go back to the dual magnification OVF of the XPro2.
Agreed on size and weight! I already have an XH-1. :p I do miss the dual magnification on the Xpro2’S OVF.

No new rumors about a XPro4. No hint at the summit.

Makes waiting even more difficult, if you do not know whether it will come in 2023 at all...

So my money goes to lenses. But not for X lenses. That is Fuji's fault :z04-beleidigt:

No new rumors about a XPro4. No hint at the summit.

Makes waiting even more difficult, if you do not know whether it will come in 2023 at all...

So my money goes to lenses. But not for X lenses. That is Fuji's fault :z04-beleidigt:
I have to admit third party lenses make me a little nervous regarding firmware updates to work with any camera body Fujifilm camera body firmware updates. But some of the third party lens offerings do look good!

Do not worry about third party lenses. I never had problems in 30 years.

I did not buy a third party lens for Fuji X, by the way. I bought a Sigma 50/2.0 DG DN for my Panasonic Lumix S5II fullframe camera (L-Mount).

Back