DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Affinity

Currently on 2.0.4.
Thanks for the reply. I am on V1 of Affinity Photo. Not a power user. I use it for basic photo improvements. Learning more each time I use it, it is becoming a hobby in it self. It is as fun as it is challenging. I still like Adobe products, but do avoid subscriptions when alternatives are available. We are lucky to have a fair amount of photo editing options today. Other then the steep learning curve, I like Affinity Photo.

I'm still on V1 (1.10.8). Debating whether to upgrade to V2. I'm not a power user either but I've used it's focus stacking quite a lot and also the 'denoising' filter. Debating whether to make the investment and go to V2.

Thanks for the reply. I am on V1 of Affinity Photo. Not a power user. I use it for basic photo improvements. Learning more each time I use it, it is becoming a hobby in it self. It is as fun as it is challenging. I still like Adobe products, but do avoid subscriptions when alternatives are available. We are lucky to have a fair amount of photo editing options today. Other then the steep learning curve, I like Affinity Photo.
The learning curve is not steeper then Photoshop. Some things are done just differently or have other names for the same tool.

The learning curve is not steeper then Photoshop. Some things are done just differently or have other names for the same tool.
I agree. Photoshop or Affinity, learning powerful software normaly takes some time and dedication.
Glad to see more chiming in here. Thanks.

I'm still on V1 (1.10.8). Debating whether to upgrade to V2. I'm not a power user either but I've used it's focus stacking quite a lot and also the 'denoising' filter. Debating whether to make the investment and go to V2.
Thanks for adding to this Affinity thread. I will check out the stacking feature I have to explore.

FWIW, I recomend Affinity's "Color Noise" Reduction under the Development Persona. It is stronger then Photo Shop's same feature. It leaves behined a grayish noise but far better then the color.

I have been wondering the same about upgrading. I presently don't use Affinity V1 close to its potential. V1 has done everthing I need so far. Maybe by the time I learn it fully, V3 may be out.
Thank You for adding to this thread.

Thanks for adding to this Affinity thread. I will check out the stacking feature I have to explore.

FWIW, I recomend Affinity's "Color Noise" Reduction under the Development Persona. It is stronger then Photo Shop's same feature. It leaves behined a grayish noise but far better then the color.
Thanks. Will look into that feature.

Back