DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Affinity

Yes I'm currently trialing one editing software at a time - most give 30days which is a bonus, they all have pluses and minuses :)

Shelton.

Since you are Mac-based, do you have an iPad? The iPad version of Affinity Photo is only $18. Seems like it would be easy to go that way. I had purchased v1 for $24 (on sale) and went with the v2 upgrade since I was pretty happy with v1.

At some point I'll likely upgrade my hardware and look at something with more AI-enhanced features but on my 8 year-old Windows laptop Affinity v2.1 is fast and I feel I can do everything I need.

Since you are Mac-based, do you have an iPad? The iPad version of Affinity Photo is only $18. Seems like it would be easy to go that way. I had purchased v1 for $24 (on sale) and went with the v2 upgrade since I was pretty happy with v1.

At some point I'll likely upgrade my hardware and look at something with more AI-enhanced features but on my 8 year-old Windows laptop Affinity v2.1 is fast and I feel I can do everything I need.
Not sure if this is aimed at me, but no I only have a macbook

Shelton.

I didn't use it much at first. Once I opened myself to investing time into learning it, I like it better then Photoshop now. It is great at removing color noise. Its live tool feature is really helpful. Great tool selection. Use it almost daily now. Far better than I expected.

I have Affinity Photo version 1. However, I only really use the focus stacking feature and the denoise filter. Most of my editing is done in Photoshop Elements (I'm not a heavy editor) and I like the Organizer feature in Elements.

So here's my question. Is it worth my time and money in converting to Affinity Photo 2, abandoning Elements as an editor and investing time and money into Affinity Photo 2?

Affinity Photo is very powerful and there is a learning curve to it, but there are lots of great people on youtube uploading content/how to's

I actually finally upgraded to V2 about a week ago during their summer sale as my V1 was windows based and I'm now mac based

Shelton.

Back