DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Affinity

Any Affinity Photo users out there?
I have Affinity Photo along with Photoshop. I do not use Affinity that much right now, because I just use Photoshop more. But, I am keeping Affinity right by my side, just in case Adobe decides to start charging too much for their annual subscriptions. LOL

I have Affinity Photo along with Photoshop. I do not use Affinity that much right now, because I just use Photoshop more. But, I am keeping Affinity right by my side, just in case Adobe decides to start charging too much for their annual subscriptions. LOL
Thanks for sharing your experience. Sometimes I use Affinity just to remove color noise. Affinity is really good at color noise removal.

Still holding out for a discount code/sale, but serif are being tight lipped :(

I mostly start from Apple Photo and export the file to Affinity. Mostly these files are jpegs. I use a couple of macros, quick editing.Really happy with the combination of Photos and Affinity. But I like to keep it simple, don’t like to spend too much time on editing so YMMV. And now I’m trying Affinity on IPad, so far I like it. So to answer the question of the first poster, yes there is at least one more ;-)

I mostly start from Apple Photo and export the file to Affinity. Mostly these files are jpegs. I use a couple of macros, quick editing.Really happy with the combination of Photos and Affinity. But I like to keep it simple, don’t like to spend too much time on editing so YMMV. And now I’m trying Affinity on IPad, so far I like it. So to answer the question of the first poster, yes there is at least one more ;-)
Have you looked at Photomator? It's pretty straightforward and powerful. I have Affinity 2 and both have excellent object removal tools.

Have you looked at Photomator? It's pretty straightforward and powerful. I have Affinity 2 and both have excellent object removal tools.
Yes, I did and like it a lot. I’m also starting to use Pixelmator Pro again. They work nicely together, think I will give these two more use (didn’t use Pixelmator Pro for a long time and noticed now it’s getting better).

The only negative about Photomator for me is that it uses Apple photo & you can't access your file system on the mac, thats a no no for me as all my photos sit on an external drive as they'd fill the macbook!! :(

Shelton.

The only negative about Photomator for me is that it uses Apple photo & you can't access your file system on the mac, thats a no no for me as all my photos sit on an external drive as they'd fill the macbook!! :(

Shelton.
Maybe I don’t understand you completely but in Photomator go to file - import
choose map on external drive, wait till the import is done.
regards,
Jos

Maybe I don’t understand you completely but in Photomator go to file - import
choose map on external drive, wait till the import is done.
regards,
Jos
No, maybe its me thats not completely understood it - the only thing is that "import" adds them all to photos still so you end up with a huge library file? (but I could be wrong again!!!)

The other thing is an edited .raw file ends up huge (it doesn't write a sidecar file of a few kb) when saving the edits you've done

Shelton.

No, maybe its me thats not completely understood it - the only thing is that "import" adds them all to photos still so you end up with a huge library file? (but I could be wrong again!!!)

The other thing is an edited .raw file ends up huge (it doesn't write a sidecar file of a few kb) when saving the edits you've done

Shelton.
I'm not a Photomator expert, so I only imported a few maps. and they are in the library too. My library is on an external ssd. Most of the times I open a file from an external drive with "open with".
Raw files are growing quickly but Pixelmator promised to change that in one of the upcoming updates. Might be a good reason to wait . . . .
Although Pixelmator and Photomater look a lot like Affinity it took me more time than expected before I got used to them.

Jos

Back