DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Billingham Squeaking

Deejo

I hate for this to be my first post here lol but here goes.

I bought a Billingham small pro bag a few months ago and I totally LOVE it! But when I go out shooting with it, it makes a lot of noise. Squeaking noise. I researched this and it's the leather against leather and/or leather against any hardware, such as the strap rings on the bag. I've done all the advised suggestions i.e. using the bag more so that the leather "loosens" up, applied a leather conditioner and yesterday applied a silicone lubricant. It doesn't squeak as much but it's annoying! Has anyone else had a squeaky bag? If so, did it eventually stop? Any recommendations on what to do?

Thanks,
DJ

Not had that myself, only thing I can think of is to directly contact Billingham themselves if you haven't done so and see what they say?

I neither had this problem. Can you upload a picture of the Billingham? I had the Hadley small pro in black/tan for years, but sold it and bought the Hadley small.

Bbag.jpeg

Bbagring.jpeg

I drew a red circle around the area that is making the noise. After further thinking about it, the noise reminds me of the sound when a balloon is squeezed or rubbed.
I found a video that is the exact sound.

Back