DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax G2

Hello James,

Film is better, but digital is very convenient at times, so in a profesional career you probably need both.

For a light weight reflex camera, you can also consider the Aria with a couple of lenses (perhaps a 28/35 plus the 85).

William

Hi Almon,

"BTW - just in case anyone is interested the Canon G5 has just been announced"

Members of our sister site canoninfo.com can see the specs and prices of the new Canon G5 in the forum. We informed the Canoninfo.com members already last week about the new G5
happy.gif

Dirk

Can anyone help me with the G2 and infrared film?
I am a new user, I was told when I bought it you could use infrared film. I shot two rolls of B&W and one color infra. The black and white is pretty much fogged all the
way with the exception of a couple of frames. The color turned out good. I did not have the window on the back covered in the beginning, but later put black tape over it. Could this have fogged the entire roll? Any help is much appreciated. I also have the 645, does any one know of any 120 infrared film made and if the 645 can use it? THANKS SO MUCH

Melissa, you must load the IR film in complete darkness. IR energy will lightpipe through the film base tongue sticking out of the cassette. The only fog you should get is from the IR sprocket hole detector in the camera and it won't go into the image area.

Dave

Posted by Melissa on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 3:55 am: > > Can anyone help me with the G2 and infrared film? > I am a new user, I was told when I bought it you could use infrared > film. I shot two rolls of B&W and one color infra. The black and white > is pretty much fogged all the > way with the exception of a couple of frames. The color turned out > good. I did not have the window on the back covered in the beginning, > but later put black tape over it. Could this have fogged the entire > roll? Any help is much appreciated. I also have the 645, does any one > know of any 120 infrared film made and if the 645 can use it? THANKS > SO MUCH

Melissa, Re G 2 David have covered it all well with his advise and it will work well. The Konica 750 IR Film is not so prone to this problem but should still be loaded in the dark and the filmback window covered at all times. The same Konica Film 750 is available for 120 Size and can also be used, it is also possable to have the Flast writer on the 645 disconnected if you do not use it, the info on the top of the rebate with shutter speed etc.
Bob.

Back