DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Digilux 2

A friend told me the las issue of LFI ( Leica magazine ) confirms the new digilux. The pictures are similar to DMC-LC1. Somebody can confirm this ?

This is obviously the same as the Panasonic announcement:

http://www.leicainfo.com/discus/messages/858/58921.html

A user said price would be around 1800 Euro. I do not know when it will be available. I would be surprised if this time Leica is faster than Panasonic in the shelves. But it would be good for the christmas sales...

man, so many people complain the body build of the first model, is digilux 2 made by panasonic again?? i assume if it cost 1800 euro, it must be a made by leica. I don't want to be disapponted by its body built.

Hi Wujeah.
I have used a D1 intensively for 1 year and a half an i don't complaint against its body except minor details.
The D2 will be made in Japan as well:

58950.jpg

are this details coherent with the quality and price of leica products?
we hope the images it will produce don't match this.
58958.jpg
58959.jpg
58960.jpg

I sure hope that is just the sign of a prototype or pre-production finish! I had a later run Digilux 1 and it was built very well, with just gorgeous fit and finish. These details you have highlighted look terrible.

I've seen posts explaining that the camera will sell for around 1850 usd. What are people's ideas as to what the advantages are over the DSLRs with larger sensors (such as the Canon 10D) that justify the higher price? Sincerely, Scott

Back