DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Let's see how many of us find our way here

I’m here! Time will tell if I spend the most time here or the other new site.

Exactly. :z04-yes:

Do net fall in the trap that you have to decide for the rest of your life for a forum. I know that some people try to push dpreview users by hijacking and bad-mouthing every posting about alternatives. :teufel-grinsend-schwanz:

Relax. Look at ALL alternatives and decide later what YOU prefer the most.

Choice is good and nothing bad :daumenhoch:

Indeed - your image upload worked. I think I would recognize it as your shot on any forum.

I failed on my first attempt at uploading but was successful on my second try with a smaller image from my iMac. Here's the important limitation statement in the FAQ:
Thanks Rich for the info. I am a low tech no tech person so I don't know anything about resizing my image files. For now I guess I will post photos form my iPhone.

2A947772-B405-43D5-92C7-CF77B12AF4A9.jpeg

Exactly. :z04-yes:

Do net fall in the trap that you have to decide for the rest of your life for a forum. I know that some people try to push dpreview users by hijacking and bad-mouthing every posting about alternatives. :teufel-grinsend-schwanz:

Relax. Look at ALL alternatives and decide later what YOU prefer the most.

Choice is good and nothing bad :daumenhoch:

I generally agree with your view. I used to check out multiple photography websites and make posts in their forums every day. But I cannot go to all of them.

There is one thing that will encourage me to stay. Consider the attached image. I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get this on here from my iPhone. It was taken with my J5 and transferred to my iPhone using the Nikon WMU app. The original file size was 530kB, which is slightly more than the 500kB allowed per uploaded image. I managed with some effort to get a copy below 400 kB. I realize that you don’t want the server to be burdened by a bunch of 40MB RAW files, but would it be possible to increase the maximum file size to 1 MB?

Attachments

• 9024A6F7-540D-4DFB-8A78-920F604CECDB.jpeg
    EXIF
    9024A6F7-540D-4DFB-8A78-920F604CECDB.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 14
but would it be possible to increase the maximum file size to 1 MB?

Hi cyuill2023,

that depends on different factors (traffic. hw many uploads each user etc.). I can not make any promises atm. It is too early for increasing the kb-size.

But of course, if we find a solution without filling up too much the server, I would be happy to do this. Just bear in mind, hat I am not Amazon. ;)

And it will not help you, if I change this now to i.e. 1Mb just to catch as many users as possible now and in 3 months' time, I will reduce it again, because we run into problems with the server.

Hi cyuill2023,

that depends on different factors (traffic. hw many uploads each user etc.). I can not make any promises atm. It is too early for increasing the kb-size.

But of course, if we find a solution without filling up too much the server, I would be happy to do this. Just bear in mind, hat I am not Amazon. ;)

And it will not help you, if I change this now to i.e. 1Mb just to catch as many users as possible now and in 3 months' time, I will reduce it again, because we run into problems with the server.

Fair enough. I will do what I can to work within the current limitations.

Back