DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Let's see how many of us find our way here

Hi Gary.. how did you change your avatar.. I can only see where you change profile background.. not avatar..

Can't see the woods for the trees probably:rolleyes:
Hi, Go to profile and click on avatar, Dirk (forum founder) answered further down, but just in case you missed it.
regards
Gary

Nice photo, Paul. Where is it? (And what is it?). Wow, while writing, I just realized it is a reflection. How dumb I am!
Glad to see all the friends of the Nikon 1 forum again. This one seems to work very well.
A little late in responding but as to where it is, it's the Adler Planetarium in Chicago and the human subject in the photo is the young inspiration of my handle.

To reply to the thread title: "Let's see how many of us find our way here"

I had found my way to here, but I'm out of here again. Yesterday I had posted a thread here, trying to find out to which site the majority of ex-DPR-Nikon 1 users are gravitating to. I was honestly undecided. The thread has been deleted since then, and I have received a private message from the admin to which I cannot agree. It's a pity, because I'm seeing the majority gathering here, and because I like the interface here so far. But anyway, I'm out of here, DPR Forum, and it's definitely not because of you, my dear friends!

Thank you and all the best to you,
Holger (holgerlinke@dpreview)

To reply to the thread title: "Let's see how many of us find our way here"

I had found my way to here, but I'm out of here again. Yesterday I had posted a thread here, trying to find out to which site the majority of ex-DPR-Nikon 1 users are gravitating to. I was honestly undecided. The thread has been deleted since then, and I have received a private message from the admin to which I cannot agree. It's a pity, because I'm seeing the majority gathering here, and because I like the interface here so far. But anyway, I'm out of here, DPR Forum, and it's definitely not because of you, my dear friends!

Thank you and all the best to you,
Holger (holgerlinke@dpreview)

Dear Holger,

It is sad that you need to make a drama out of nothing in the public. Reality is, that you tried to do marketing in our forum for a thread you are running on another site. It is common sense, that a user should not do this. To call this censorship is childish.

Looking at all these facts and your posting now shows, that you never intended to be part of this community. This is trolling.

So please respect the netiquette and do not play any longer the troll. I told you in the PM, you are welcome here as long as you play by the rules. ;)

Dear Holger,

It is sad that you need to make a drama out of nothing in the public. Reality is, that you tried to do marketing in our forum for a thread you are running on another site. It is common sense, that a user should not do this. To call this censorship is childish.

Looking at all these facts and your posting now shows, that you never intended to be part of this community. This is trolling.

So please respect the netiquette and do not play any longer the troll. I told you in the PM, you are welcome here as long as you play by the rules. ;)
Well, dirk, in summary, first you have deleted my side of the story/incident, then you stake in unfounded and false claims about me and my intentions, which nobody can evaluate by themselves now. This is not just censorship and bad style, this is plain bullying, harassment, and mobbing.

I don't understand by what values you are operating. Why are you doing this? What do you fear?

Anyway, I'm logging out now from here and won't come back. Bye bye DPR Forum, bye bye dirk.

This is not just censorship and bad style, this is plain bullying, harassment, and mobbing.

Your words speak for yourself. Sorry, if I can not make you happy. You can not please everybody.

Back