DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New Project 52 for 2024

Week 24

Portrait of Ilona Verhaeghe. Thank you Ilona for allowing me to publish it.

850_2276-1 2.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D850
  • Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/400 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 1600

I'm also missing EXIF. I did the "checkbox toggle" in user preferences (as suggested in the other thread). Just basic PP/editing using CaptureOne and Photoshop Elements. Then I resized the image using Windows Photos to get under the 3800 pix / 2 MB limit. Nothing weird or out of the ordinary. Hmmmmmm.

I'll try to work on the composition. Mr. Rainier - middle of the frame. Sunset - middle of the frame. Oh well. Seemed like the right approach at the time. :)

Week 25

This mischievous little parrot had perched on a railing behind the spectators at Beauval Zoo's fantastic bird show. He was eventually detected by park security, who exfiltrated him.

850_8141.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D850
  • 150-600 mm f/5.0-6.3
  • 250.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1600 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 1400

LOL! Beautiful portrait. What's his name? :) A poser. Did he give you his email address... so you can send a copy of the picture to him? The background colors and bokeh are a perfect compliment.

LOL! Beautiful portrait. What's his name? :) A poser. Did he give you his email address... so you can send a copy of the picture to him? The background colors and bokeh are a perfect compliment.
Thank you! I thought you would like him.

Back