DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New Project 52 for 2024

I think it's a great pic! I have a similar "selfie" in a convex reflector. From a few years ago (memorable). I will post it in a separate thread. Thanks for "pinging my brain" in this regard.

I think it's a great pic! I have a similar "selfie" in a convex reflector. From a few years ago (memorable). I will post it in a separate thread. Thanks for "pinging my brain" in this regard.
You are very welcome. I am looking forward to seeing your selfie!

13/52: On one of my daily walks last week, nearing the end, I noticed a blooming magnolia (soulangiana) and the sun was out, too. Nice day. When I got home, I decided to go back with the camera and take a picture (since it was not very far away). I really should take the camera every time (the changing seasons are interesting) but I try to "make time" and get some good exercise,, so the rigorous pace is not very conducive to picture-taking.

magnolia-02-small.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D810
  • Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED
  • 60.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/640 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 64

Wedneday 14/52

Pitiful attempts by limes to pass themselves off as lemons

850_6186-1.jpg
  • NIKON CORPORATION - NIKON D850
  • Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
  • 55.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/80 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 1250

14/52: The limes, the stained glass, etc. -- I am inspired by the creativity! All I can offer at this point are "walking around shots" taken during the course of my daily endeavors. I would LIKE to find the time for a dedicated photo excursion, but work/job requirements tend to fill-up the days. Still, any picture-taking that happens is a welcome outlet. Here is a view of Pioneer Square Station. I did not have a tripod, but I found a railing and tried to hold the camera as steady as possible.

pss-north-small.jpg
  • Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 5 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 64

14/52: The limes, the stained glass, etc. -- I am inspired by the creativity! All I can offer at this point are "walking around shots" taken during the course of my daily endeavors. I would LIKE to find the time for a dedicated photo excursion, but work/job requirements tend to fill-up the days. Still, any picture-taking that happens is a welcome outlet. Here is a view of Pioneer Square Station. I did not have a tripod, but I found a railing and tried to hold the camera as steady as possible.

View attachment 14213
Beautiful picture

Wednesday 15/52

Some of the reflective plates covering the facades of the buildings at the Collège Eugène Chevreul in L'Haÿ-les-Roses are distorted. At the right angle, the reflections of nearby trees evoke faces. I am particularly drawn to those that can be seen on a specific pair of plates, photographed here on April 6, 2024.

810_7372.jpg
  • Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/1000 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 640

I had already used this pair of plates for the Week 8 photo in my 2022 project, entitled Hommage à Edvard Munch:

dsc04158.jpg
  • SONY - DSC-RX10M3
  • Sony DSC-RX10M3
  • 151.1 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/500 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

I had reused it for this photo posted on February 17, 2024 under the title Le cri:

dsc01270-1.jpg
  • SONY - DSC-RX10M3
  • Sony DSC-RX10M3
  • 135.9 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/250 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 125

Which of these three versions do you prefer?

Back