DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Show Your MF Photos Here !

The head quarter of my daily paper . HASSELBLAD 907x CFV II 50c .
ALLGÄUER ZEITUNG.jpg

2024 solar eclipse. Pentax 645Z with Pentax FA 645 400 F5.6 lens and Pentax 1.4 teleconverter. 4 minutes of totality doesn't give much time to figure things out.
Thanks for looking,
barondla

View attachment 14396
Impressively done. My own eclipse shot a few yrs ago was terrible compared to this. I had light bleed too and flare on aperture blades.
You done good.

Regards Dino26323

Impressively done. My own eclipse shot a few yrs ago was terrible compared to this. I had light bleed too and flare on aperture blades.
You done good.

Regards Dino26323
Thanks. My attempt ~6 years ago was OK, until the diamond ring was about to appear. I forgot to take the filter off so there was little light :(. This time went better. I do wonder if it would have been better to use the Pentax Q and DA300. The image size would be greater. Four minutes wasn't long enough for me to try.
Thanks,
barondla

I am surprised how good and "real" the images look, although it is "only" the CFV 50MP back.

Hello Dirk

I believe that 24MP for FF and 50MP for "MF" is sufficient enough .
My first images using the LEICA Q were stunning regarding colors , contrast and sharpness .
Using the HB CFV II 50C with HR DIAGRON lenses showed similar stunning results and made me decide against a 100MP digital back .
But what I have done , call me nuts , I bought a second 907x CFV II 50c . One always stays mounted to my ALPA ADAPTER MK II and the other one is used in native mode or with V-SYSTEM lenses and electronic shutter .
I am no pixel peeper .

Regards . Jürgen .

Back