DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sony RX10 V

Fishrman

Ya, I know they have been rumored about one coming out for years but does anyone have any real knowledge about it? I would get the IV but there are a couple things I would like to see that it doesn't have and hoping the V (if they ever make one) will have a fully articulating LCD screen at a minimum improvement.

Seriously???

The only folks that know if an update will happen is Sony, and they are not talking. Any other words will be just wishful thinking and idle rumors.

We can wish all we want, and I will lay odds that Sony is more than likely not reading these forums.

Let's face it. A decision to bring out a new camera will be made purely on whether or not they can make money on it. The bean counters rule the roost.

The present camera is at the top of its class. there is no competition. I am pretty sure their development costs have been recouped years ago, so it is purely a profit-making product. So, what would their incentive be to bring out a new model? There would be development costs to recoup. Tooling costs to recoup. Marketing costs and a sales impact on the present RX10iv. Sony continues to sell their older models even after new ones come out. And it has been stated that the market for cameras is shrinking. Seems cell phones are taking a big bite out of the low-end products. How long will it take to recoup the investment?

As a former product development engineer, I was involved with the justification process to bring out new products for many years. I am just not seeing any good reasons for Sony to invest in a new product at this time.

Sadly, we will just have to wait.

Jerry

I just ordered the mk4; it was out of stock at my favorite camera store; should come in this or next week again. So in about two weeks the mk5 will be announced
10kDSC00444 DxO optics-DP smrtli, mc RX10 C1 small.jpg
!

Hope to see a lot of my 'old' DPR friends here!

Cheers,

Ab from the Netherlands

Btw: picture
I just ordered the mk4; it was out of stock at my favorite camera store; should come in this or next week again. So in about two weeks the mk5 will be announcedView attachment 1544!

Hope to see a lot of my 'old' DPR friends here!

Cheers,

Ab from the Netherland
Btw, picture was taken with the RX10 at 100 mm equiv, iso 1600 processed with DxO DeepPrime (may be a bit oversharpened) and Capture One. Is there a way to see the exif data in at the posted pictures?

Is there a way to see the exif data in at the posted pictures?

Yes, if they are available in the image.
You can use the addon exify for Firefox and Chrome (Mac and Windows).

See the FAQ for uploading images.

Okay, thanks, I posted too quick; I saw the exify explained in the FAQ; I will try it later.

Mit herzlichen Grüssen aus Holland,
Ab

The RX10 iv will probably be updated, as desired by some. It's currently, as it has been, is the best bridge, fixed lens, super-zoom camera made. Sony has no compelling reason to update/change the best camera, in its (or most) categories. Could they make it better? Sure. Is it necessary? Nope. It's a large, relatively heavy camera so it's not really designed for a fully-articulated LCD screen. Could they add one? Sure. Do they need to? Nope. So, if you owned Sony, would you spend millions updating a camera that sells great, and has loyal followers - just because? I certainly wouldn't.

Back