DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

The Canon FD 500 F/4.5L

ISO is an interesting one Tom. I've never had an issue really with ISO on m4/3, I always set ISO 400 and it stays there generally. Maybe we just have good light here, but it works well and I can still get the shutter speeds needed. I can however use up to ISO 1250 on the Sony FF. Both work well.

What i am finding though as I've said before, using the 200-600 on the Sony at the 600mm end, it actually eats into m4/3 equivalence really quickly. Focal length vs sensor size I guess. I can crop easily with the 60mp sensor to equal m4/3. So it's an interesting one mate. Still love both either way. When FF was at 24mp like my old A7, then yes, m4/3 wins hand down for how close you need to get to a bird, but with the 60mp sensor, that all changes quickly.

Good points Tom and nothing wrong with ISO on m4/3, not this end anyway. Hey you need to find that shot of the GM1/5 on the 400 F/2.8L, would love to see that ;)

All the best as always.

Danny.

My A7R was supposed to be my replacement theatre camera body for my then aging Canon 5D but it failed completely.

I then kept the 5D and a couple of aps-c Canon dslr bodies for theatre shoots for another 5+ years. They were good from the start and did not go backwards with age.

Then I found that M4/3 bodies had caught up. Now I think that even one of the greatest of the 5D line the 5Ds which I now have can only just hang in there in comparison to what my M4/3 kit is doing.

I did shoot one show with a GM5 and Noticron 42.5/1.2 from the back of the hall - the images were all full stage and had to be cropped to be of any use. But it worked surprisingly well. And it was easy-carry of course. I only did it that way because it was all that had brought with me at the time.

We tend to use what we have there to use.

Back