DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

G

What is your experience with the this camera, what is your way of using it?

it makes a great, interchangeable lens point and shoot. i have used it for weddings, candid street photography and pet/children portraits. i am very pleased with this new platform.

Roger,
I have a chance to buy an M7 very inexpensively and would like more of your opinion on the camera. Buying it would mean that I have to sell another camera (wife demands it). Have you found the metering accurate? Any odd traits?

Regards,
Chuck

I bought a Leica M 7 (black); 0.85 mg. but decided for the wrong mg. My eyes are not good for this mag.Is anyone interested in exchanging to a 0.72 (black). My M 7 ist one month old, absolutely new, 1 roll. Please phone me during the week +49 175 576 6175 (pls. only Germany, Switzerland, Austria).

Hi Joachim,

you can copy your posting also in the buy and sell section. The likelyhood, that an intereted person will see it might be higher there. Good luck!

dirk

I have a question regarding the M7 0.85x version.

Understand that this version viewfinder provides brightlines to indicate focal length of 35, 50, 75, 90 & 135mm.

And based on the Leica-Camera website that describe the 35mm brightline, there seems to be some extra viewing area outside the 35mm box. Can that be used as a 28mm focal length indication?

Or do I really need to get a 28mm Viewfinder Add-on for a 28mm lenses?

Please advise.

Hi Elson,

The extra viewing area outside the 35 mm box is on the Leica-Camera website much more than in reality. The additional space around the 35 mm box cannot be used for an indication for a 28 mm lens.

Hope, that helps.

I have been using my black M7 for about 5 months now.
It gets moderate amateur use. I have just noticed that the black finish is beginning to wear of the edge of the on/off switch. Anyone out there got similar problems??

John C

I have been using my black M7 for about 5 months now. It gets moderate amateur use. I have just noticed that the black finish is beginning to wear of the edge of the on/off switch. Anyone out there got similar problems??

John C

John, you need to use the camera more so the patina will spread to other parts of the camera. After it reaches ten years old, it will really look nice! You've got a good start there!

Sonny Carter http://www.sonc.com

My M7 has a blinking "dot" both in auto and manual. It is constantly there. it is just below the left triangle, and aligned below the exposure lock dot above when it is activated by pressing the shutter part way.

Is this blinking dot normal?

tylervance@cox.net

Back