DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Zeiss C/Y lenses on a digital body - help

Using on a Sony nex7 various Rollei Zeiss lenses including the 18mm f4 also have the adapter Rollei to Nikon but it does contain a glass element results appear to be excellent however with no af confirmation though - on the Sony cameras there is focus peaking as an aid. I am tempted with a full frame sony A7 or A7r - Regards

I am using ALL of my C/Y Zeiss and other foreign
002_1.jpg
C/Y Mount glasses, perfectly, on my Sony A7 and Sony A6000! No sweat!

I have sold my heavy CANON 5DMkII, and switched over 100% to mirrorless SONY! Since that time, I have cried not any tears after the Canon! The Sony E-Mount allows you to mount any lens on these cameras, which are not at 3 on top of an tree! All my C/Y Zeiss glasses working perfectly on my Sony A7 and Sony A6000! I enjoy ver much, working with my Sony cameras!

I've used my lenses on a Fujifilm X-Pro1 with a Novoflex adaptor. They work well and don't need any glass elements to be added. And, unlike on the Canon cameras, no surgery to the pins and levers is required.

Nick

I can confirm nickdando's comments about the suitability of the Fuji X-Pro for C/Y glass; I have both the X-Pro and X-T1 and have been using a Metabones Professional Adapter which comes with a detachable tripod mount - it's especially useful when shooting with the big telephotos and zooms. I've also been using my Zeiss 55mm Planar on the X-T1 and at last I can use it on a camera wide open in sunlight without the need for ND filters as the Fuji now has a top speed of 1:32,000 - magic!

I can confirm nickdando's comments about the suitability of the Fuji X-Pro for C/Y glass; I have both the X-Pro and X-T1 and have been using a Metabones Professional Adapter which comes with a detachable tripod mount - it's especially useful when shooting with the big telephotos and zooms. I've also been using my Zeiss 55mm Planar on the X-T1 and at last I can use it on a camera wide open in sunlight without the need for ND filters as the Fuji now has a top speed of 1:32,000 - magic!

I can adapt my C/Y Zeiss glasses perfectly also on my APS-C sensor Sony A6000! Works perfectly!

I am using fairly cheap C/Y > E-mount adapters, all made in Hongkong sucessfully on my Sony A7 and A6000, without any problems with all my C/Y Zeiss glasses and foreign C/Y mount lenses! No sweat!

Hi,

until now, I always used cheap adapters from HongKong to adapt my Contax/Yashica Zeiss lenses and they always worked fine. I did that with Olympus DSLRs, Fuji X Kameras, Canon DSLRs and Sony Nex/ Alpha cameras. Never had a problem.

But nowadays, I am getting lazy. Sold most of my Contax stuff except a 135/2.8, 80-200/F4 (both converted to M42 mount) and my beloved Yashica FX2000 Super with the Zeiss 50/1.7 :)

I love the handling of the Zeiss galsses, but AF is so easy nowadays and my eyes are not getting better...

If I would have start from new and would like to use Zeiss-Contax lenses, I would pick as a body a Sony A7 or Sony A6000 to match it with an adapter. I think the peak view woth Sony is currently the best on the market.

Best wishes

I am using fairly cheap C/Y > E-mount adapters, all made in Hongkong sucessfully on my Sony A7 and A6000, without any problems with all my C/Y Zeiss glasses and foreign C/Y mount lenses! No sweat!

Thanks for the info. I have now received my adapter and would like to know if I have to use any specific setting on the A6000 in order to use the C/Y lens with the E-mount adapter?

Thanks for the info. I have now received my adapter and would like to know if I have to use any specific setting on the A6000 in order to use the C/Y lens with the E-mount adapter?
Just the A for aperture setting is all that you can use...

Back