DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Fun with MFT/ M43

She has got a sister now . The GX9 .
:z04-kaputtlachen:

For my wife it is always amazing how these objects of metal are able get more and more babies over the time.

You close the camera bag and the next time you open it, there is a new brother or sister in the bag.

I have no answer to that. I just try to hide then my other camera bags. She thinks I only have one bag. :z04-flucht:

I love my GX9. I hope for a GX10 with better viewfinder and 24 or 26 MP

ROMAN art in the homes of wealthy romans . First century after CHRIST . Found in the ruines of HERKULANEUM , destroyed by the eruption of vulcano VESUV in 79 after christ .

HERCUL PP 0446.jpg

HERCUL PP 0449.jpg
HERCUL PP 0462.jpg

HERCUL PP 0464.jpg

The GX1 may be an "old lady," but she's still capable of taking very nice images.
I sometimes take my old Pentax K5 out (16MP) and am often surprised at how nice the images can look.

The GX1 may be an "old lady," but she's still capable of taking very nice images.
I sometimes take my old Pentax K5 out (16MP) and am often surprised at how nice the images can look.
Indeed, I have been using my GX1 on travels for 10 years. Very portable and takes great pictures. It's mostly because on a trip last year it was becoming all too obvious that my eyes are no longer able to focus on nearby things like the screen, that I had to move to a camera with viewfinder. (There is an EVF for the GX1, but it is extremely bulky.)
I still take it for a spin sometimes when I want maximum portability and the autofocus can fill in for my presbyopia. I have always taken good care of the batteries, even the original one is still perfectly usable. Only the screen had a bit of a mishap with a too aggressive cleaning agent, but I managed to save it with a good screen protector.

Indeed, I have been using my GX1 on travels for 10 years. Very portable and takes great pictures. It's mostly because on a trip last year it was becoming all too obvious that my eyes are no longer able to focus on nearby things like the screen, that I had to move to a camera with viewfinder. (There is an EVF for the GX1, but it is extremely bulky.)
I still take it for a spin sometimes when I want maximum portability and the autofocus can fill in for my presbyopia. I have always taken good care of the batteries, even the original one is still perfectly usable. Only the screen had a bit of a mishap with a too aggressive cleaning agent, but I managed to save it with a good screen protector.
It won't say it is very bulky, but increases a few inches on the height and changes the original rangefinder form factor flat top design to a hunchback DSLR design.

x02spc.jpg

Although size is my main reason to shoot with M43, LVF2 could bring so many benefits such that I can't use GX1 without it. Sadly it is an old model evf (low resolution, IQ not comparable to later evf), also some inconveniences (vs an integrated evf) such as no auto evf/LCD switching, has to switch into LCD manually for every Touch operation (e.g. Q.Menu operation) etc...

GX1 was my main camera (replaced my water damaged G1) during 2013-2016. It was my backup camera until 2019.

:)

A mint copy, currently should be around US$60~70.

Mine, although basically looking in good condition and is doing well, the LCD started to develop delamination since a few years ago. As per DPR, mine should not be rare of this model. This does not happen on my older G1 or GF3, or the even older LC5, FZ5, FZ30 nor FZ28... :-(
20230831_085436.jpg
  • samsung - SM-A217F
  • 4.6 mm
  • ƒ/2
  • 1/50 sec
  • Spot
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 50

I don't think anyone would have interest on it except buying it as a spare part...

Back