DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Fun with MFT/ M43

I still use MFT too. Less often than before, but nothing can replace this system for me. It will always have a place in my photo arsenal.

The combination MFT and L-Mount is for me at the moment the best compromise. My Fuji XF system collects dust.

Maybe I should change the title of this thread, since it is misleading.

I stick with MFT exclusively. I needed something small and light, and this has been my format for quite some time. I wanted an interchangeable lens camera light enough to carry on long backpacking trips. this fit the bill.
I started with Panasonic G2 when it first came out. Then switched to G9 when it came out. Great camera! but it was just too big and heavy for my use. recently switched to Om systems OM-5 and it is currently perfect. Nice that I can use either Panasonic or OM lenses.

Yeah, I also looked at the OM5 recently for the same reasons. I missed a big promotion of OM System for the OM5 last summer. Have to wait. But the more cameras you have, the more difficult it is to decide. The G9 and the Olympus EM1.3 are both great cameras and I Iove both. Each one has its pros and cons.

Back