DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Today with your Pentax

Here are some I should have posted yesterday evening. The location is a bit boring ie the same but they are interesting shots with the mono. It is a pity that I never got shots this good at the other location on Satureday. That would have been a better outcome for the viewers or visitors shall we say.

IMGP2325-1 copy.jpg
  • RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. - PENTAX K-3 Mark III Monochrome
  • HD PENTAX-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 Limited
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/4 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

IMGP2278-1 copy.jpg
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

IMGP2397-1 copy.jpg
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/4 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

Regards Dino26323
IMGP2257-2.jpg
  • 20.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/250 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

Regards Dino26323

Here are some shots today of Red Deer. I was so close at times today that my 85mm was used too on ApSc K5 !!!! which is close to a 135mm F2 visually on a K1.
Not my best shots ever of Red Deer but fantastic to see them in the sunshine.
Contrary to what I often read on the other forum about optical viewfinders I did a test with some people passing by. I got them to look through at the deer. Everyone was super impressed and best of all the very young ones were super impressed too. " Wow that is sick man" which actually means they liked it a lot. It is the youngsters that will be blown away by an optical viewfinder as opposed to old boring photographers that are so bored with the familiarity of it. The young ones have never seen Red Deer through a viewfinder before. They see the truth. Photographers are disappointing and basically jump onto hyped up tech always have. Everyone that looked through was amazed today. It is photographers that have dismissed optical viewfinders and not the general public. The general public loved my viewfinder !!!

IMGP2590-1 copy.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-5 II s
  • A Series Lens
  • 1/4000 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 80

IMGP2644-1 copy.jpg
  • A Series Lens
  • 1/2000 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 80

IMGP2679-1 copy.jpg
  • A Series Lens
  • 1/1500 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 80

IMGP9620-1 copy.jpg
  • RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. - PENTAX K-1
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/500 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP9678-1 copy.jpg
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/125 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 100

Regards Dino26323

They came out great. Always neat to experience wildlife up close. Interesting point about viewfinders. Many youngsters haven't looked thru one.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla

More today.

Most K1 and 300mm Sigma.
One 85mm Samyang wide open at F1.4.

IMGP0239-1 copy.jpg
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/750 sec
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP0253-1 copy.jpg
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/500 sec
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP0345-1 copy.jpg
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/750 sec
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

IMGP0849-1 copy.jpg
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/4 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 400

IMGP2734-1 copy.jpg
  • A Series Lens
  • 1/45 sec
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 140

Regards Dino26323

...The young ones have never seen Red Deer through a viewfinder before. They see the truth. Photographers are disappointing and basically jump onto hyped up tech always have. Everyone that looked through was amazed today. It is photographers that have dismissed optical viewfinders and not the general public. The general public loved my viewfinder !!!

Fantastic images, and a great social experiment you did. Very keen observation that the viewfinder is indeed something magical. I am still enamored with mine, and I love seeing images come into/out of focus by my own hand.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I'll try not to be so much of a stranger... which means... I'm still doing my daily photography exercise, so I'll start posting here again too. But I'm interested to know... what kind of traffic is this forum getting now that the dust has settled? Anyone viewing these forums other than us?

Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I'll try not to be so much of a stranger... which means... I'm still doing my daily photography exercise, so I'll start posting here again too. But I'm interested to know... what kind of traffic is this forum getting now that the dust has settled? Anyone viewing these forums other than us?

I thought your comments to Dirk regarding forum changes were spot on.

Not sure if you're following the conversation, but he has renamed a forum to "Images I took this week" which is right up near the top of the forums list and is intended for people to post images recently taken of any subject matter with any camera. Hopefully it will be oriented around folks that regularly post images and avoid endless subforum searches to see recent activity.

Those who wish to view only images from a specific camera make can still do that in the equipment sections, or post both places I suppose.

Have followed you daily posts in the Pentax forum. Impressed with your discipline to stay with it each day.

Fantastic images, and a great social experiment you did. Very keen observation that the viewfinder is indeed something magical. I am still enamored with mine, and I love seeing images come into/out of focus by my own hand.

I have no idea what 17 K actually amounts to. Is it the same 40 people visiting 500 times for example.
I have no idea. Glad to see you again here by the way. The visuals are great and a user gallery would be much better on this site so I am sticking around and try and make it grow.
Regards Dino26323

I thought your comments to Dirk regarding forum changes were spot on.
I'm pretty sure that my comments will be ignored, but I meant what I said. Simpler is better, I believe. Thanks for your encouragement!
Not sure if you're following the conversation, but he has renamed a forum to "Images I took this week" which is right up near the top of the forums list and is intended for people to post images recently taken of any subject matter with any camera. Hopefully it will be oriented around folks that regularly post images and avoid endless subforum searches to see recent activity.
I have not seen that. I'll look for it.
Have followed you daily posts in the Pentax forum. Impressed with your discipline to stay with it each day.
Thanks! Some days are hard, but I've been at it for nearly two years now and still having a great time with it.

Back