DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

DPR has removed the closing down warning

Maybe they will grant amnesty to the members that went out of their way to get Banned thinking the forum was closing?
Or was this all a ruse to rid themselves of the ones 'on the edge'?

Vague at best.
Yea, I just was warned because I disagreed with a few people. I guess the point is don't question anything the "experts!" state as fact.
Pap

Yes, there is. Under cateory Moved Threads there is a forum called "Dumpster"
It is not reachable under the "forums" tab. A site search does not bring it up.

Can you post a link to the "dumpter"?

It could be a forum that is not accessible to non-priv accounts, or one that you need a direct link to in case your thread was moved.
I've had threads there deleted completely. I saved them before they were deleted. The Simon era.

Maybe you have to be registered and logged in? It's right down the bottom of the home page.

It could be a forum that is not accessible to non-priv accounts, or one that you need a direct link to in case your thread was moved.
I've had threads there deleted completely. I saved them before they were deleted. The Simon era.
Forums - Miscellaneous Categories - Moved Threads - Dumpster

Maybe you have to be registered and logged in? It's right down the bottom of the home page.

Oh, he is talking about DPRevived, and we were thinking about DPReview.

It doesn't surprise me that there is a Dumpster subforum at DPRevived. :cautious:

Oh, he is talking about DPRevived, and we were thinking about DPReview.

It doesn't surprise me that there is a Dumpster subforum at DPRevived. :cautious:

Yes, sorry. I was responding to @LeicaMan who said:

If it's to argue and create dissent, one can do that anywhere - as we've seen from the rabble-rousers who left. They've just moved their turmoil elsewhere.

The 'elsewhere' being DPRevived. To be honest, that forum may well do the rest of the forums a favour by attracting and retaining most of the turmoil.

Been out of the loop but just saw this one DPReview.com

Dear readers,

We're coming up on about a month since our last update here and wanted to thank our community for continuing to support us.

We know you have questions about the status of DPReview since our last communication, and while there is nothing to share right now, we will continue to keep you informed as there are updates to share. In the meantime, we continue to publish news and features (some of my recent favorites have been a three part deep dive into understanding the science of dynamic range from May 2 and learning about the dream cameras our readers most want from May 8). Our forums also remain open and continue to be supported.

Thanks again to our faithful readers. You are what makes DPReview special.

Scott Everett
General Manager - DPReview.com

Been out of the loop but just saw this one DPReview.com

You are quoting a very old announcement of 11.5.2023. Almost 4 weeks old...

IMHO they play games with the users. Especially with the forum users. If they would be really interested to keep the forum long term, even with a new owner, they would have said this already.

I offered both Scott and Richard my help with the forums several weeks ago via PM. Maybe I could have helped in rescueing the forum stand alone or merge it with DPRF. But they even did not care to answer.

There is no credibility anymore. Trust has to be earned. I do not judge people by what they say, I judge them by what they do. ;)

You are quoting a very old announcement of 11.5.2023. Almost 4 weeks old...

IMHO they play games with the users. Especially with the forum users. If they would be really interested to keep the forum long term, even with a new owner, they would have said this already.

I offered both Scott and Richard my help with the forums several weeks ago via PM. Maybe I could have helped in rescueing the forum stand alone or merge it with DPRF. But they even did not care to answer.

There is no credibility anymore. Trust has to be earned. I do not judge people by what they say, I judge them by what they do. ;)
I’m not sure how it’s done. I see at DPRevived, Migrated (Migration), I guess it’s from the DPR User Downloaded Data.

Back