DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

G2 general questions

This is new. I tried looking for a downloadable manual a year ago. I couldn't find it and Kyocera told me they didn't have one.

I find that I can open and print the online manuals, but cannot save them to my PC. Is this the experience of others?

thanks,

--Rick

Rick,

I just tried and was able to download the PDF Contax manual to my PC.

When the manual is displayed on your browser, click the "floppy disc" icon (2nd button from the LHS, right next to the red Adobe logo). If it does not work for you, you may need to update your Acrobat plug in from the Adobe website.

Albert.

now that we have it in digital form, i wonder if someone could separate out the different languages into separate books. that would make it easier to read. scott=20

Scott,

As I have full version of Acrobat 5 not just reader, after Xmas festivities and holiday to USA is over, I will have a go at doing separate language versions. I have forgotten - is there a posting area on Contaxinfo I could put these for general use, unless of course there is a copyright problem? Wilson

Finally managed to download G2 manual - what a nightmare to do so. I had to use the Acrobat webpage downloader to do it, as Kyocera's download is set open automatically in Acrobat reader, without the initial save option and downloads only page by page, so you have to open 112 pages. If you try to save it with the usual click on the diskette sign, it crashes time after time, just at the end of a 12.8mb download.

The manual appears to be basically the English version with only a small amount of German, so no further work required.

Thanks to all who pointed me in the correct direction.

Wilson.

Actually there would be a copyright *problem* if you distributed it to the public. However, under the fair use standard you should be able to make your own language version. You could distribute with permission though. Might be as easy as sending an email to someone in marketing at Contax!!
happy.gif
Scott

> type your text here!By the time you spent all that time and paid for paper and ink, you could have called Kyocera and ordered one. They are available as a "spare part" I believe. I got one about four years ago.

Back