DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Let's be careful here

@Tedolph

We both already talked about it in another thread. It does not make sense to repeat the same question in different threads.

It is impossible to formulate something that covers every scenario. We both know this. But you are still asking for it, which gives me the impression that you are specifically looking for something in written to be able to make trouble without being "officially" against these written rules. :teufel-grinsend-schwanz:

At the same time you try to give the impression since your very first posting in our forum that everywhere in the world - or at least at DPreview and here - are bad moderators, who do not know what they are doing, are totally subjective and are always only against you. :z04-hinterherjagen:

I run community forums since 20 years and my experience tells me, that your behavior and posting habits are raising all red flags for me. I hope I am wrong on this. That is up to you. But I will not waste my time by playing games with you. ;)
Wow, you sure are making a lot of assumptions about motive here, and you are wrong about all of them. I think that most of the Moderators at DPR were pretty good, and I am on personal terms with some of them as you know. Only three really bad ones I can think of over 15 years. That is not a lot. Having objective rules is one of the reasons.

It seems that you are already bullying me. There was nothing wrong with my post.

I will not be responding in any way to posts that you make from now on.

tedolph

In general, without retracing and re-examining any of the numerous past exchanges, I have to agree with the main sentiments of the Op.

I, for one, believe that it’s not too difficult to exercise care, prudence, and good judgement when interacting with others here on The Forum.

Let’s be friendly neighbors in this community we share, always demonstrating good will towards one another. By doing so this space will thrive for the benefit of us all.

What would you expect? One of the forum founder there was among those who obsess on the definition (sometimes very narrow, sometimes ignore the commonly understanding of the word...). On DPR I must have to use "exposure" and "lightness" very carefully otherwise you would receive a lecture of 1000+ words... :eek::z04-headbanger: Any "underexposure" should be rephrased "dark" and "overexposure " should be "bright", "exposure meter" is wrong and every manufacturer should change it to "lightness meter" :z04-nein1:...

More people used phone nowadays is simply because of the learning curve of using camera for usable result. If a beginner forum could not receive simple enough answer from a simple question, it will discourage a lot of new comers.

My 2 cents.
And never ever mention the word 'equivalence' on the M4/3 forum or in any way try and compare a product with a different size sensor.

Prepare to be corrected ..... mightily.

And never ever mention the word 'equivalence' on the M4/3 forum or in any way try and compare a product with a different size sensor.

Prepare to be corrected ..... mightily.
Why did I think of Tom's comment when I saw the first thread title on the DPR M43 forum?
"We are such a nit-picky, prissy bunch" :z04-kaputtlachen:

Since the first moments I was browsing that forum, I felt not only the worst of dpreview, but kind of an open range for trolls to vent their frustration of being banned or sandboxed continuously, and now this is their new turf and they can do whatever they want, since, well, the owner is kind of one of them. So, thanks, but no thanks. I feel so relieved that dprforum got a nice calm start, and if we don't get as many members as the other, so be it. We want quality over quantity.

I joined this forum based on Dirk's handling of outlier cases. I was on DPReview almost 20 years ago, quit about 10 years ago when Simon was in charge. DPReview at that time had the famous feud with Pentaxforums, and expanded that to many other forums where a Moderator of another forum posted a link back to a thread, even in a PM. If someone asks how to repair a camera or lens, and I have a thread on another forum- I generally post the link. Simon did not like that. The feud went public, and DPReview backed off. I'm also a Mod on RFF, but use it only for the DIY forum there. Also on Cameraderie, which combines a lot of Amin's older forums. The latter has a "Lens Showcase" forum, many lenses posted. I'll be putting some up here as well, but if someone asks about a particular lens- may post back to it. If this is an issue- please let me know. I have a lot of lenses. "LOT">250. Hobby is camera/lens repair, mostly for Rangefinder lenses. Also some SLR, nothing like Richard Haw- a website that I often link to.

Since the first moments I was browsing that forum, I felt not only the worst of dpreview, but kind of an open range for trolls to vent their frustration of being banned or sandboxed continuously, and now this is their new turf and they can do whatever they want, since, well, the owner is kind of one of them. So, thanks, but no thanks. I feel so relieved that dprforum got a nice calm start, and if we don't get as many members as the other, so be it. We want quality over quantity.
Hi Martin! Good to see you here.
I had the same kind of feeling about the Revived site, it's sort of the Wild Wild West of forums.....
I'm mostly perusing this one and the specific L-mount forum at the moment, with occasional contributions still to DPR, if there are posts that are interesting there.

I do wish DPR would send me my link to get my gallery photos though, as I really would hate to lose them all ... :(

Time will tell, right?

-J

I do wish DPR would send me my link to get my gallery photos though, as I really would hate to lose them all

Can you not download them yourself just by clicking on each?

Back