DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

News Nanny bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I did, and still have, a very good working association with my fellow M4/3 moderator Martin Ocando.
Definitely, Tom. And that is the reason why I immediately joined this forum when I saw you on the Mods staff, and requested my status. Our association has been one of fairness and friendship, and I want that to continue. Having 12 hours timezone coverage is a big bonus as well ;)

So, regarding the issue at hand, yes the mod in question stars with an M and ends with a 1, and I did co-moderated the Pentax SLR forum with it, although with very little interaction. This is a personal thing. I've been to the other forum, and even joined it, but don't plan to return. The aggressive and negative environment is just unbearable.

It's officially nothing to do with DPR leadership.

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 1.16.57 PM.jpg

The mod in question Dirk, did the name start with an "M" and end in a "1" ???
OMG, who put you on the sandbox this time? BTW, just approved you back.

This is just stupid. We are 7 days from not being able to post. Why ban or sandbox people? Even if you don't agree with the post? I hope this guy stops doing what he is down after the admin's PM.

OMG, who put you on the sandbox this time? BTW, just approved you back.

This is just stupid. We are 7 days from not being able to post. Why ban or sandbox people? Even if you don't agree with the post? I hope this guy stops doing what he is down after the admin's PM.
Thanks Martin, in 23 years, this week is the only problems I've ever had and it's from one mod. The one hinted at above. Seems like I'm not the only one. Don't post links to certain sites! Thanks Martin. That was last night and I know what's in that PM from this morning here. Not from anyone here though.

Danny.

Last edited:
Ahh, I see you've posted the PM as well. Nice and let's hope one particular mod follows it.

Definitely, Tom. And that is the reason why I immediately joined this forum when I saw you on the Mods staff, and requested my status. Our association has been one of fairness and friendship, and I want that to continue. Having 12 hours timezone coverage is a big bonus as well ;)

So, regarding the issue at hand, yes the mod in question stars with an M and ends with a 1, and I did co-moderated the Pentax SLR forum with it, although with very little interaction. This is a personal thing. I've been to the other forum, and even joined it, but don't plan to return. The aggressive and negative environment is just unbearable.
You found DPRevived to be an aggressive and negative environment?

Just to be clear. I do not mind if there are other alternatives. Choice is good. I just do not like that forum A is allowed to do whatever they want incl. bad-mouthing us, but forum B gets blocked.
I've heard a few complaints about this 'bad-mouthing'. Who bad mouthed you and what did they say?

I'm enjoying it. A lot of people I know on there. Not seeing too much agro at all. I know quite a few on here as well.

People will decide where they end up. I'm trying both for now. Bob and the team are doing a great job and so is here. Live together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back