DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax RX

Maybe a better question would have been which body is the> easiest to focus due to a brighter screen or other consideration. > These are some ex&les of the "turkeys" I've taken.....

They look like they were taken in reasonable light , so you shouldnt have had difficulties due to the viewfinder being "too dark" in this case . I suspect the fault lies elsewhere...... Steve

hi contax-friends,

new infos about the wispering of the RX:

- i went to a contax-dealer and tried a new one,
sounds very different than mine!

- i sent it to contax-germany for check.
- i called the "mecanik-boss" of contax-de
and it sounds like the problem wolfgang described!

thanks all!

Ciao Albino!

Very good idea to sent Your RX to Yashica Germany, Mr. Schwedhelm is very helpful with that problem, he will surely help You.

Best regards
Wolfgang

why not mention again the problem and the name of the mechanic-boss. it is mr schwedhelm, isnt it. if he is still in power.. we would like to know what are the real differences between rx and rxII.i am sure its not only dfi.

Hi Joe,

I bought a used RX in June. I already owned an Aria as from the beginning of its release. The RX is my favourite body now because of the smooth handling, low noise, brighter viewfinder than the Aria. The Rx just has a better "feeling". I only use my Aria when I have to go really light - during mountaineering.

But one RX function seems complete nonsense to me: the focus indicator. When I need it, it doesn't work (this is when it is getting dark)
So you won't miss it on the RX II. I think a 20 % brighter viewfinder does add more functionality than a focus indicator that works during daylight only.

A very inportant improvement from the RX above the Aria is the mirror d&ing: my images with the 300/4 are sharper now. Especially with critical exposure times like 1/15 1/30 etc.

Happy to read the news about the RX II. Now it is waiting for the Aria digital or RX digital

Kind regards,
Melvin

I bought a second hand RX, but I didn't get the user manual with it.

Can anyone explain me the meaning of the custom function numbers and the meaning of the possible settings belonging to the custum functions. Thanks!

Btw, does anyone know were I can download the RX user manual? (I don't wan't the trouble of ordering stuf abroad)

Sander,

you will find a detailed explanation of the costum functions in the scan/manuals & brochures section of this site. The manual itself is not yet uploaded, but in the uploaded RX broshure on page 18 is everything explained.

Dirk

There is a lever on my RX that I can't figure out and can't find mentioned in the manual. It is right next to the lens mount, at 5 0'clock when you are facing the camera. It moves down in an arc, about a quarter of an inch. I can't see that it does anything. Does anyone know anything about this lever?

Robert, this is the coupling lever for all the MM lenses and lets the body know if the lens is for ex&le a f1.4 f1.7 f2.0 etc.
The older AE lenses do not have this lever and therefore you could only use Manual or AE Modes
Regards Bob

Back